Sunday, October 27, 2013

Daryl's Ripped Shirt - Hobbledehoy SAL Part 2

First things first. Here is a cat.


Olive is the BF's little baby. She loves him so much and just wants to be on/with him all the time. It's really pathetic. She is pretty young, so she is feisty as all Hell. I have scars because of her, but not because she is mean, but because she is a crazy cat who doesn't understand proper "claw" etiquette. 


Here is another cat. Binx loves my spinning wheel. He lays half under the coffee table and just stares at it as the wheel turns. He is a colony-rescue cat, so sometimes I wonder if he is far smarter than I give him credit for, or borderline "special". 

Back to the yarny part of my blog. I finished my Daryl yarn! I'm really happy with out it turned out, too. I did a thin single, and then n-plied for a nice even fingering weight yarn. There are a total of 24 color blocks.


I'm happy with how the colors blocked. There are two occurrences along the length of the yarn where two of the color blocks are pretty close in color, and I wasn't happy about that, but it'll still look great when it's knit. 


This is why it takes me so long to finish a skein of yarn. I spin very very thinly, and end up with a fingering weight 3-ply. 


Daryl's Ripped Shirt done in a self-striping pattern. 








No comments:

Post a Comment